Re: Another NAT Traversal question

Francis Dupont wrote:
>From what I recall, the authors had given up on the transport mode and
one of them had stated on this list that only 'tunnel mode' will be
pushed for v2.
=> I am afraid that there is no consensus to drop the transport mode,
so as the NAT traversal is in the charter, there is a problem to
really solve.

Let's ask it this way: what is the real need for transport mode ESP to work over NAT? You can do everything with tunnel mode ESP, including L2TP/IPsec.

ps. I do not represent anybody else except me personally on this issue.

Ari

--
I play it cool and dig all jive,
 that's the reason I stay alive.

Ari Huttunen                   phone: +358 9 2520 0700
Software Architect             fax  : +358 9 2520 5001

F-Secure Corporation http://www.F-Secure.com

F(ully)-Secure products: Securing the Mobile Enterprise