Re: ISAKMP and SSL

At 3:49 PM -0700 4/30/03, Mark Baugher wrote:
At 05:40 PM 4/30/2003 -0400, Stephen Kent wrote:
At 7:50 PM +0200 4/30/03, Ibrahim wrote:
Hi all,
When I read RFC 2408 they described ISAKMP as a generic key management
protocol for all security protocols but till now the large deployment of
ISAKMP was only with IPSEC
My question is, can we use it with SSL/TLS?
The goal of this issue is to add new services in SSL/TLS (identity
protection, attribute certificate passing for access control schemes,
non-repudiationů).
Thank you in advance
Ibrahim

SSL/TLS has its own, tightly couple key management protocol, so it would not be appropriate to try to use ISAKMP.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the ISAKMP RFC says it could be applied to TLS.

Mark

It lied :-)

Steve