2401bis Issue # 86 -- Add IPv6 mobility header message type as selector

Folks,

Here's a description and proposed approach for:

IPsec Issue #: 86

Title: Add IPv6 mobility header message type as selector

On 7/11/03, Francis Dupont posted a message to the ipsec-policy working group in which he, among other things, asked that we add the IPv6 mobility header message type (MH Type) as a selector. (For details, see http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-24.txt).

Should we add the IPv6 mobility header message type (MH Type) as a selector?

Proposed approach: ================== Modify 2401bis along the following lines:

1. Change "upper layer protocol" to "next layer protocol". (We made this change to AH and ESP previously.)
2. Add the mobility header as another possible "next layer" protocol
3. Add mobility header type (MH Type) to the list of selectors supported in the SPD and in IKEv2.
4. The processing text stays the same.

Thank you, Karen