Re: 2401bis Issue # DD -- Anti-replay notification

Folks,

Since anti-replay is purely a receiver option, the receiver can tell the sender that the receiver does not care about AR for a given SA, and thus permit the sender to NOT create a new SA when the counter wraps. Clearly this would not be needed if we always used 64-bit sequence numbers, but while we require support for 64-bit sequence numbers in ESPv3, we don't mandate their use.

Karen