Re: [Ipsec] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-friedman-ike-short-term-certs-00.txt

Hi David.

Other documents dealing with certificates (such as RFC 3280) do not mention attacks against computer clocks, and I don't see why that should be introduced here.

Perhaps it's better to move that paragraph out of the Security Considerations section and into a (new) Operational Considerations section and rephrased as follows:

Operational Considerations
   Because of the granularity of Short Term Certificates expiration
   time, clocks of mutually trusting security gateways SHOULD be
   synchronized.  The synchronization mechanism is out of scope
   for this document, but may be based on [RFC1305] or [RFC2030].