RE: Altenatives for IKE and legacy user authentication combinatio ns

Title: RE: Altenatives for IKE and legacy user authentication combinations

> Based on the San Diego bakeoff, I would vote for ModeCfg because many vendors
> already have working implementations and (to my knowledge) nobody used DHCP
> to pass IP addresses to remote access clients. I acknowledge this adds code
> to IKE but it is code than many vendors have, and use, today.

Actually, it's not quite nobody. We've been using DHCP to pass the virtual IP (as well as DNS/WINS/etc) back to our client for some time now, and it works quite well.

Kevin Lussier
RedCreek Communications
klussier@xxxxxxxxxxxx