Re: KINK user-user scenario

An attacker can still cause the app-client and KDC to do work this
way.  Rememeber that the client cannot read the app-server's TGT, so
it had no idea whether it is valid or who really sent it.  Therefore,
it has to blindly build a request around the TGT and send it to the
KDC, not knowing if it's valid.  The KDC then needs to process the
request and build and return an error to the client (assuming it was
forged).

Luckily this wont affect the app-server, necessarily.  Do we throw out
any existing SA's in the process?  (I would suggest that the answer is
'no'.)  I would also think that we would need to have some level of
request limiting so an attacker can't repeatedly bounce tons of
messages off a single app-client.

However you can still get a distributed attack against the KDC,
because an attacker can build a single "fake" packet and send it to
all the app-clients it can find.  Then all those app-clients will
blindly request out to the KDC.

-derek

       warlord@xxxxxxx                        PGP key available