Re: Ticket and SA lifetime (Re: kink-09)

What I'd appreciate here is some insight as to what other Kerberized applications do, especially ones that have their own session timers. If they all mimimize their lifetimes to the extant of the kerberos ticket lifetime, then that pretty much tells us we should too. If some are independant, then I think it's probably a local policy decision of the receiver assuming that the ISAKMP negotiation allows a longer proposed lifetime to be shortened by the receiver. If that's the case, then I don't think that the spec needs to recommend anything, and if it does it should at most be a SHOULD.

Mike

Kazunori Miyazawa wrote:

KAMADA Ken'ichi wrote:

At Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:08:29 -0400,