Re: Definition of "trust anchor"

On Jul 5, 2007, at 10:36 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

I didn't see that.  I saw different words, not really different
ideas,

I concur. I see all the definitions are being more or less the same, but with different scope. Carl and Paul's was very general in scope. Steve's was more specific. Yours was back more to general (and I don't quite understand the non-cert part, but that's okay at the moment).

*If* we can't agree on what problem we're solving, then that's an issue we need to address up front. Everyone commenting has said a hypothetical that's close ro that. However, I don't presently believe that the conditional is true.

We still need to have a working definition.

	Jon

--
Jon Callas
CTO, CSO